18 December 2019
The effect of sports massage has never been scientifically documented. Until now! A scientific study – conducted over 2 years – now proves what effect sports massage has on athletes’ performances.
And the Z-Roller massage machine has been extremely useful in order to get accurate results.
The Z-Roller is a mechanical self-induced multi bar massage machine, developed in Norway for home usage.
The study was conducted by experienced scientists in this field:
• Associate Professor Shaher A.I. Shalfawi and Associate professor; Håvard
Myklebust, at the Department of Education and Sports Science, University of Stavanger
• Professor, Department of Physical performance, Norwegian school of Sports Sciences; Eystein Enoksen.
The study revealed some exciting and ground-breaking information on the effect of sports massage when it comes to recovery and performance:
• A 10 min pre-warm up on the Z-Roller before training has a positive effect on:
o Lactate production
o Higher lactate threshold
o Higher peak power output
o Maximal sprint performance
• A 10 min post massage after training/competition shows a significant large effect on recovery.
o Faster clearance of lactate after training and competition
o Higher tolerance on high intensity training and a higher power output
• Regular massage makes you perform with higher intensity for a longer period
The effect of using Z-Roller sports massage roller:
• Better performance by using Z-Roller before training and competition.
• Faster recovery by using Z-Roller after the training/competition.
• Higher tolerance on high intensity training and a higher power
• Ability to work for a longer period with high lactate/acid in your muscles.
A questionnaire sent to 360 users of the Z-Roller, substantiate the findings from the scientific research study. The results from the survey showed that:
• People training 3 times a week and more, 75% of the group use the Z-Roller 3
The potential benefits from massage by the Z-Roller could be useful to a broad spectrum of individuals, from athletes, exercisers and elderly, those whom suffering from musculoskeletal injuries like diabetes, chronic inflammatory disease, restless legs, muscle pain etc.
Zen Products AS, a Norwegian company has invented the patented Home Multi-bar Sports Massage machine, Z-Roller. Its founder, Jan Gisle Berger was struggling with cramps and injuries in his calves and invented this product. The product was presented to the market in Norway in 2016 and picked up by World and European Champion as runner Fillip Ingebrigtsen/Team Ingebringtsen, x-country skier Sjur Roete, triathletes, football players, cyclists, handball players and thousands of amateur athletes.
The product is also picked up by the health market and private persons, helping those who struggles with bad blood circulation, restless legs, cramps etc.
Acute Effect of Quadriceps Myofascial Tissue Rolling Using A Mechanical Self-Myofascial Release RollerMassager on Performance and Recovery in Young Elite Speed Skaters.
Shaher A. I. Shalfawi 1,* , Eystein Enoksen 2 and Håvard Myklebust 1
1 Department of Education and Sports Science, University of Stavanger, 4021 Stavanger, Norway;
2 Department of Physical performance, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, 0806 Oslo, Norway; firstname.lastname@example.org
Received: 7 November 2019; Accepted: 5 December 2019; Published: 7 December 2019
Per Kristian Moerk PT,DPT, Manager Wake Forest Baptist Health Sports Medicine, North Carolina, USA
Zen Products AS, Skogheimvegen 5, 2052 Jessheim, Norway. email@example.com